Monday, July 5, 2010

good results

On the second go I got smart. This time I brushed it on and wiped it off cross grain a few minutes later. This left a nasty black film but at least it wasn't a coating like the last time. As I was sanding it out with 320 the paper was loading really bad. So I remember reading somewhere that you could sand 400 grit with mineral spirits as a lubricant. So into the mineral spirits I went and behold the perfect results. I was so overjoyed at what I got out of it I went ahead and hit it with 600 grit. After all this is cleaned and dried it will be time for Danish Oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.