Friday, July 23, 2010

S907 #2 Updates

Scarf joint cut.

Originally I had planned to use a black veneer in the scarf joint but I noticed when I cut the veneer that it seemed softer than I would like. So for the heck of it I clamped a sample in the vice and wacked it with the hammer. The one side split right on the veneer. The other side the Padauk fractured and the veneer stayed. I am not going to risk a neck with results like that. So I came up with a different idea... you will have to wait and see.

I ended up pinning this one outside the neck so I could line everything up right. The headstock should be one piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.