Monday, March 25, 2013

Multiscale 7 on its way

The blades in these pickups took forever to get right. After a while I figured out that they fit so tight that the rough sanding edge was making them impossible to get out of the bobbin. So I buffed the edges of the blades and they slide right out…Here is what they will look like in the body.

Side dots while the fretboard is still square.

Lets get this fretboard prepped for frets.

Frets are in...Multiscales use more fretwire than a normal 7 (for obvious reasons).

Neck Carving time.

Almost there. I think I spent another 45 minutes fine tuning the profile after these photos.

Headstock profile cleaned up and tuners drilled.

Trim the tenon and a mock up before setting the neck. Since this guitar is going to be black I will spend some time sanding and dying the body before gluing the neck in.

S907_4 Almost soup

Still need to do a dry fit on the parts and make sure everything is copacetic. On the list is make a nut, sand it out, oil, cure. Finished up the neck joint.

Cleaned out the humbucker route and trimmed up the headstock

Monday, March 18, 2013

S907 4 Back to work...

S907 #4 Updates.

This one has been sitting way too long and it was time to finish it up. Start with the grinder and end with the scraper.

Belly cut roughed in.

Finishing up with the scraper.

The second picture is blurry but you can see the color of the cocobolo better in it.

Lets see where we are.

Back Carve.

Electonics holes drilled.

Trim the excess from the tenon.

A quick look before glue.

Finally time to set the neck.

Out of the clamps and ready for final profiles of the heal and neck.